Wednesday, September 27, 2017

You Maybe A Witch Unto Yourself

"You're your own witch" Says the priest to the young girl.

It was a quiet evening when a young girl approached a Catholic priest and said to him, after greetings: "please Father, I need deliverance and prayers. It seams I'm bewitched. I'll work from one month to another but I've not been able to make some savings, and I can't see myself doing anything tangible with my salaries. I've gone for deliverance in so many places and many men of God have actually prayed for me, but I still experience the same thing after all. So I need you to pray for me so that I'll be freed from the hands of the witches."

After she had finished her complaints and requests, the priest called her to a corner, sat down with her and pleaded she answer the questions he was to ask her, sincerely.  Pastorally, the priest asked her: "what kind of work do you do?" "Salesgirl," she answered. The priest then asked: "how much are you paid as a salesgirl?" "#25, 000," she answered. "How much do you spend on transportation fare to work everyday?" the priest asked. "#200 daily," the girl replied (#200x26=#5, 200; the priest noted). "How do you feed?" the priest further enquired. "I eat twice in the office and then cook in the night," she explained. The priest then asked further: "how much do you spend on the twice daily feedings?" "#200 morning and #200 afternoon, which equals to #400 daily," she replied (#400x26=#10, 400; the priest noted). "How do you say you  feed at night? Do you live with parents or friends," he enquired. In a low tone, the young lady answered: "i live alone and I cook for myself," she replied. "I cook twice a week, and I spend almost #1,000 on a pot," she continued. "It means you spend almost #2, 000 on cooking for yourself on weekly bases, which is equal to #8, 000/month," the priest observed (#2, 000x4= #8, 000). Finally, the priest asked her: "how do you recharge your phone within the month, and how do you take care of your monthly visitors and other toiletries? How do you pay your rent too?" Consequently, the girl could not answer anymore, and the priest said to her: "can't you see you need no deliverance because 'you're your own switch?"'

It was then that the young girl saw how she spent more than her monthly salary within the month and expected to make savings but could not thereby blaming witches.

The above therefore, defines the saying that "you cannot eat your egg and have it."

Why won't you be poor? You have one Source of income and multiple Sources of expenditure, and you're still complaining that you're poor. How much do you earn in a month, and how much do you spend in a day?

You have a job with which u earn $1000 dollars per month, but before the end of the month you've spent over 90% of the the money earned, on different things, both valuable and valueless things, excluding house rent.

What makes an ocean is a constant inflow from different sources with a minimal outflow from the some point. If the outflow of an ocean becomes greater than the inflow, it soon turns into a stream and not an ocean.

Therefore, create more sources of inflow than your channels of outflow if you really want to be richer. The poor man is not just the man without money, but the man without vision and mission; the man whose sources of expenditure overwhelm his source(s) of income, he is the poor man. So, learn your lesson and work hard for your future.

Peace be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment