Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Nigerian Minister of Finance Responds to Forgery Allegation


“I Don’t Know My NYSC Exemption Certificate Was Forged. Someone Did It For Me. I did not apply for the exemption myself and not aware that what the ‘agent’ gave me was not from NYSC.
I was born in London and also had all my education there. I graduated at 22 and started working immediately. When I returned to Nigeria in 19XX, I knew about the national labour law requirements, including NYSC participation or exemption, but didn't know how to go about it.
I relied on 3rd parties to assist and it looks like they took inappropriate steps. I am shocked and equally embarrassed to learn about this. I should have checked before now and I accept the blame for their wrongdoing because they acted on my behalf.
I accept full responsibility for this incident and regret that it even happened in the first place. I am prepared to do whatever that is required to redeem these grave errors.
I regret any inconvenience that this may have caused the government which I currently serve and the good people of Nigeria." - Kemi Adeosun

No comments:

Post a Comment