Thursday, July 6, 2017

A MARRIAGE TRICK THAT ACTUALLY WORKS

I Can't Say Sorry for Nothing...

Son: Dad, I want to get married
Dad: First, tell me you are sorry
Son: For what?
Dad: Say sorry
Son: But for what? What did I do?
Dad: Just say sorry
Son: But...What have I done wrong?
Dad: I said, say sorry
Son: Why???
Dad: Say Sorry!!
Son: Please... Just tell me why?!
Dad: Say sorry...
Son: OK Dad, I am sorry
Dad: Uhun... you've just qualified for marriage.
When you learn to say sorry for no reason at all,
then you are ready to get married!
I can never forget this, It was in Rev Omar Pela's
church.
He told a story of how on a particular morning,
his wife stormed into the room with a moody
look on her face.. Being a gentleman, he asked,
sweetheart what's wrong? She said, nothing!
(you know when a lady tells you...nothing. irk!).
So he impressed further, You don't sound fine
dear... She replied, I said I'm fine! He said at
that moment he tried to replay in his head, if
there was any misunderstanding previously... He
couldn't remember any. So, not to cause any
tension at home, he decided to continue his
study in church office...
As he picked the car keys to leave, the wife
blurted.. So you are going to leave without
showing concern or care.
He said at that point he was angry and
shouted... Did I not ask you? What else do you
want me to do... So he slammed the door and
left.
On getting to the car downstairs about to start
the car... The Holy spirit asked him, if someone
passes by now and mistakenly hit his leg on a
stone, what would you say? He replied, I will tell
the person sorry. The Holy spirit asked again, did
you cause the person to hit his leg on the stone?
He said no! Then why would you say sorry for
what you didn't cause?...
He said instantly he got the message the Holy
spirit was trying to pass across... that you don't
have to be the cause to say sorry. So he got
back upstairs, his wife looking at him angrily...
Then he said, sweetheart I'm sorry...
She just wrapped her arm around him and sobs.
What a wonder! He said he was left speechless
and wondering..

Dear friends, stop justifying yourself. Can you
just tell him/her you are sorry even if it was your
partner's fault? I am sorry can make that
relationship work! Have a wonderful week

No comments:

Post a Comment